Friday, 24 February 2012

Rio Cuarto Preps

 

Due to popular demand I’m back after a lengthy absence… here are photos I took while at preps at Rio Cuarto.  Here’s a map to help you find Rio Cuarto!  A few facts and figures…Rio Cuarto is our largest convention (about 300 people give or take), they travel from all parts of the country to go there.  It’s also where we have our worker’s meeting.   However, the  property is VERY compact, therefore there is not room for all of us to stay on the grounds, and some have to stay in the friends homes in the town, or look for accommodation.  The friends put mattresses down and make room for out of towners.  The convention is just a two-day event, the meeting shed is hardly big enough, so we’re all packed in like sardines!!  The preps is about 10 days, and this year we were three bros and four sis. 

mapaargentina

Well here go the photos then, they’re just a whole lot of random shots, I kept forgetting to get the camera out half the time!

IMGP2887

Some shots I took out the bus window on the way to Rio Cuarto to give you an idea of how flaaaaaaaaaaaaaat it is here!! Not a hill in sight!! I hated it when I first got here, but used to it now.

IMGP2889

IMGP2890

IMGP2891

IMGP2892

IMGP2893

Lido putting in the uprights

IMGP2895

Pretending to work

IMGP2897

IMGP2898

IMGP2899

IMGP2905

IMGP2902

IMGP2903

IMGP2904

IMGP2901

IMGP2906

IMGP2907

(Pepa is the owner of the home, her husband is Manuel).  My rice puddings are in the foreground!

IMGP2909

IMGP2910

IMGP2911

Alex Burkinshaw is the one peering over Graham’s shoulder, Jim Knipe at the table with Aldo Larrousse, one of the friends from Buenos Aires who came to help at preps.

IMGP2912

IMGP2913

IMGP2921IMGP2922

IMGP2923

IMGP2914

IMGP2915

IMGP2916

Mirna’s the one that had the stroke about a year and a half ago.  Making good progress, although she’s not the girl she used to be…

IMGP2917

IMGP2919IMGP2920

IMGP2924

IMGP2926IMGP2927IMGP2928IMGP2929IMGP2930IMGP2931

IMGP2933IMGP2934IMGP2935

IMGP2936IMGP2937IMGP2940

IMGP2957IMGP2964IMGP2966IMGP2967IMGP2969

And the food…

IMGP2960

IMGP2962

IMGP2970

1 comment:

  1. Great Photo's June! The country side is all so flat! Great to see you posing with the broom!!

    ReplyDelete