Wednesday, 19 August 2015

Special Meetings Continued...

A few more pictures from when I was away at specials:

Special meetings lunch... no ham and cheese sammies here!  Herman and Gustavo grilling hamburger patties over the fire, for us all (about 50) to make hamburgers!
Lunch time at Buenos Aires special meetings

Nice to see good friends again!  Eric and Sandra Hazelrigg with Danielle (15) and Raquel (17), ex-USA, now living in Panama came to Argentina for three weeks.  I stayed in their home when I was visiting Central America for conventions two years ago.  And yes, I DID feel like a dwarf the whole time I was with them!
This was a great meal!  Got soaked in a downpour on the way back from the meetings, found a warm restaurant, with an all-you-can-eat meat and salad buffet! Here's the meat:

Out and about sight-seeing in Buenos Aires the following day.
At an historic cafe in the city, 'Cafe Tortoni', real atmosphere!
The girls and I outside the Casa Rosada, government house.  
Goodbye Buenos Aires, hello Suardi.  The day of the worker's meeting, we all had lunch at this home.  Sitting around singing some of the hymns that will be in our new hymnbook.

Three Aussies and a Kiwi: Wendy Cornthwaite, Beverley and Trevor Loechel.  Trevor works in Peru and was visiting for Specials.
I ended up getting bronchitis and didn't travel with the rest of the group down to Bahia Blanca.  Stayed the week in Suardi where I spent my birthday in bed (yeeha).  These three ladies gave me a little surprise party :-). Valeria Senn, Julieta Olivares and her mother-in-law Nidia Barrios.
The cake.... it is as sickly sweet as it looks!!  This is the typical South American birthday cake.  The white stuff is raw meringue....

No comments:

Post a Comment