Here are some odds and ends of photos which I’ve gathered from here there and everywhere. Mainly from when Andrew and Janelle were with us…
Many Sundays Aldo and Paulina Larrousse take us back from the meeting in their van. These are photos of us travelling.
This next one is us on the train
Attempting to make pavlova en a gas oven (I’ve worked it out now!).
(it was half berries half other fruit because SOME don’t like berries…)
Travelling to Mar del Plata (we left at 5am I think), this is breakfast time, with Mirna and Floppy
Yummy croissants. Then on the way back…
Floppy
Mirna making out that I’m pulling her hair
Janelle and I cooking up a storm (I do it as little as possible)
You know the old saying…never trust a skinny cook!! (sorry Janelle, but we all know your chocolate log was a roaring success). Here we were celebrating the fact that there was no baking paper and the sponge came out no problem.
Four kiwis…Janelle’s attempting to NOT look like what you are all thinking looking at the photo!!!
This is what Glew looks like. We were walking to Betty’s.
After the study at Betty’s. Pictured are Nelida the blind lady, beside her is Betty’s estranged husband Eduardo (the drinker). He lives next door, and this year has been attending the meetings quite regularly (in varying states of inebriation, but hey…at least he comes!). Behind them standing are Betty and their son Jeremias.
Janelle and I with Nelida’s two granddaughters Melina (18) and Sabrina (21) who have just started listening this year
Eating again…this time at the Sheraton! Once a month a man called Rob Spencer who is a pilot with United, comes to Buenos Aires. We usually meet up with him and have a meal. Incidentally he used to fly to NZ years ago, and knows a few from Auckland.
Rob and I
All these eating photos…this is teatime (probably about 10pm!) at Rosy and German’s.
…and about to eat at Elizabeth and Gustavo’s (she is German’s sister and they live next door).
Janelle and I behind the heart at the city airport the day they went up to the Falls. (note the River Plate in the backdrop).
Hi June. Great to see all your photos. We finally got to see A&J's photos, last night actually. They've put together a neat slide show and we enjoyed seeing all their pics and hearing their stories!! :) We had them and Dad come out for dinner last night - we celebrated their 3 birthdays (all within a week of each other) which was fun.
ReplyDelete