The month of September is Mexico's patriotic month of independence. everywhere you went there were red, white and green banners and decorations with the words "long live Mexico!"
The Canal crossing through Panama
Here are the ships waiting in a lagoon to enter the Atlantic Ocean. Contrary to what I imagined, the canal isn't a long, straight canal that stretches between the Pacific and the Atlantic! It wends and twists it's way across the country and opens into this big lagoon before entering the Atlantic.
Now that's the Atlantic Coast.
Apparently they'll take us to see the Canal in Panama City the day after cons so more on that later!
Arriving into Monterrey, one of the principle cities of Mexico. It has about 8 million people and is situated amongst mountains.
This couple were at the airport to meet me.
Eduardo and Silvia Gonzalez. Their daughter is married to a Dutchman and lives in Holland. Sue George arrived from her home visit (Texas) the same time as I arrived.
Here we are eating scrummy smoothies at the airport. It was pretty special seeing Sue again as the last time I saw her was the day I arrived to work in Argentina in 2003! She was a visitor there for conventions and saw me when it was all so new and strange and no language!
So Eduardo and Silvia took us an hour in their vehicle to the convention grounds at Jauregui (pronounced HOW-reggy as in egg). All the workers were there. More on that later!











No comments:
Post a Comment