Wednesday, 11 February 2015

A Week in Brisbane for Conventions

After the conventions in SA, I had a week in Brisbane.  Some of you know they have replaced Rochdale with two weekends of meetings in Brisbane.  They hire two school gymnasiums and have meetings for the north side and south side on Saturday and Sunday for both weekends.  Here are some pictures...

Liz Bassett picked me up from the airport and took me to where they park their camper that they are currently living in.  They spend half the time with one daughter in Brisbane, then with the other in Townsville.

























I first met Jenita when she was 16 and I was in my first year in the work 1999.  She and her sister went to NZ on a school band trip, and came to Timaru for a few nights.  I spotted her name on a Queensland workers list years later, so it was special to meet again!


With Matias Gerster from Switzerland, now married to an Australian.  Matias travelled heaps when he was single and came to Sth America several times.  I was amazed that he made a special 5-hour trip from the north of Queensland, just to say hello to me!!!! A really nice man.  Married one of Helen Windsor's many relations!



















No comments:

Post a Comment